Sunday 13 September 2020

Leaf Tracery

I feel like I am breaking everything this afternoon. I half put my new painting online for sale on Friday so I thought I would finish the other half of putting it online today. Unfortunately my internet keeps breaking midway between doing everything which is infuriating. I'm also still unfamiliar with how my Facebook shop works so I either have, or have not managed to add the painting on there. One plus point is that I have managed to link my Facebook shop to my Instagram account now which was something that I had been trying to, and failing to do for ages. A swings and roundabouts day. 

All that is left to do is put the new painting on twitter and Instagram I think. I have so many accounts if I don't do it all in one go it becomes confusing as to what is complete and what is outstanding. I am also about to send an email to the National Trust which I am dreading. It has been on my list for ages to ask whether they would be interested in having some of my products in their shops as I have painted some of their locations. One of my friends, 'helped' (forced might be more accurate) me to write a rough draft on Friday and then has text me daily to ask whether I have sent it. This is both good and bad. I do need a kick up the backside to do things sometimes, but then sometimes it just kicks in my ultra stubborn side and then I'll refuse to do anything! As this has been on my list for ages, I think the persuasion will work in my favour this time. The only thing I am not sure about is whether I should ask the individual locations, or the head office. I guess I'll find out. I also don't know what will happen about supplying them with stock if they say yes. Another reason that I may not have done this before, because I literally have no idea what I am doing. But then I guess I have had no idea what I am doing at all points during this 'setting up my business' malarkey.    

If you don't try you'll never know!

I was also going to start a painting this evening but the day is getting later and later so I may postpone it to do in the week. Time keeps going too quickly or too slowly. Covid-19 time makes no sense to me at all! 

But anyway, the new painting needs to be shared on here as well. I was in a very fed up mood when I started this. I didn't even bother planning anything, I just chose a canvas, got the paints out and started. Bizarrely I had a faint idea of painting a dramatic, colourful cloudy sky, but instead I painted a leaf. 

I don't know either. 

I assume it is because the changing of the seasons was on my mind and what might have been making me feel restless and fed up. Either way, painting therapy of sorts! I hope you like it.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment